International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) hope that the resources below will provide you with valuable guidance and answer some of your important questions about your program at the University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC):


Student and Scholar Handbooks

Check out this section for our student and scholar handbooks and get detailed information for your program at UCSC, including orientation, housing, transportation, local restaurants, things to do, and more!

Living in the U.S.

You can find answers and information about English language support, getting around Santa Cruz, childcare, and off-campus housing here.

Academic Support

Wondering who to talk to or where to go for tutoring or writing assistance? Curious about what academic clubs or organizations are at UCSC? This section can help!

Financing & Scholarships

If you have questions about how to finance your program at UCSC or where to find scholarship information, this section can direct you to helpful databases.

Social Security & ITIN

Information for both students and scholars on how to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) or an Individual Tax ID Number (ITIN), including who is eligible, what documents you need, and where to apply.

Filing Taxes

Questions on how to file your state or federal tax returns? This section explains basic tax vocabulary and will link you to several resources on CA taxes, federal taxes, GLACIER, and resident vs non-resident aliens for tax purposes.

Forms & Documents

All ISSS forms for F-1, J-1, H-1B, E-3, TN, and Permanent Residents are listed here, including those for requesting visa documents, work authorization, extensions, and transfers.