Withdrawal & Readmission

You must inform an ISSS advisor if you intend to withdraw or cancel your enrollment at UCSC, or if you are suspended or dismissed from the university. It is also important that you speak with your college or graduate advisor to learn about the consequences in terms of academic matters.

Withdrawal or cancellation without informing ISSS will result in the negative termination of your SEVIS record. You will lose your lawful status in the U.S. You must depart the U.S. immediately and it may also affect your future visa applications. 

Undergraduate students can find more information about withdrawals, cancellations and readmission on the Undergraduate Advising website.

Graduate students can find more information about withdrawals/involuntary withdrawals, and readmission at the Graduate Student Handbook

If you have been readmitted and are returning to UC Santa Cruz, in most cases you must obtain a new I-20 or DS-2019 before reentry. Please contact istudent@ucsc.edu to discuss your situation and request a new I-20 or DS-2019.