Enrollment Changes

As an international student, one of your main requirements is to enroll full-time each quarter while you are at University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC):

  • Undergraduate students, including undergraduate EAP students, must enroll in a minimum of 12 units each quarter.
  • Graduate students, including graduate EAP students, must enroll in a minimum of 10 units each quarter.
  • Doctorate students who have advanced to candidacy only need to enroll in 5 units each quarter to maintain full-time status.
  • Graduate students on filing fee status approved by the Graduate Division are not considered full-time by ISSS. Students planning to be on filing fee status must email istudent@ucsc.edu before the filing fee quarter to discuss their plans.

The following explains what to do if you need to go part-time, take a W, go on leave of absence, or withdraw from the school.

Reduced Course Load

W Grade FAQ

Leave of Absence

Withdrawal, Dismissal, Readmission