If you are interested in working in the U.S. while you are at UCSC, keep in mind there are special rules for international student employment. This section details the available types of employment F-1 and J-1 students can engage in, both on- and off-campus. Please read each section carefully to see if you need special work permission before starting any job.

On-Campus Employment

Academic Training (AT)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

OPT STEM Extension

H-1B Cap Gap Extension

Economic Hardship